The heart of DVB2IP gateway consists of DVBlast a powerful MPEG-2/TS streamer application that supports several input methods. DVBlast is developed with VideoLAN technology and is a very efficient DVB restreamer.
- linux-dvb-supported cards (DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T...) with or without CI interface
- DVB-ASI cards (from Computer Modules)
- UDP or RTP stream carrying a transport stream
It outputs one or several RTP streams carrying transport streams with:
- hardware or software PID filtering
- PID-based or service-based demultiplexing
- optional descrambling via CAM device
- EIT, SDT and TDT pass-through for EPG information
DVBlast is written to be the core of a custom IRD, CID, or ASI gateway, based on a PC with a Linux-supported card. It is very lightweight and stable, designed for 24/7 operation.
DVBlast does not do any kind of processing on the elementary streams, such as transcoding, PID remapping or remultiplexing. If you were looking for these features, switch to VLC. It does not stream from plain files (have a look at multicat instead).
- Lightweight program designed for extreme memory and CPU conditions
- CAM menus (MMI) support via an external application
- The configuration file describing outputs can be reloaded without losing a single packet
- Support for the new S2API of linux-dvb
- IPv6 network support
- UDP rather than RTP output for IPTV STBs which don't support RTP